About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Genentech Gives Back

June 20, 2010

It was a glorious Saturday. I went to Zumba class, and then Will and I took the Muni downtown to meet Key for lunch at Chez Papa Resto. Kat met up with us, and the four of us walked to AT&T Park for the Genentech Gives Back Benefit Concert.

The concert was the culmination of the Genentech Gives Back charity week, in which there were several charitable activities all week (e.g. donation drives, charity walk, volunteer day, etc.). This is the first concert since Roche bought the company, so I was curious to see how it was going to pan out. After all, one of the infamous Genentech perks were the insane concerts for the employees (previous concerts have featured Earth, Wind & Fire, Mary J. Blige, Matchbox 20, Elton John, Foo Fighters, Bob Dylan, Black Eyed Peas, The Eagles).

The headliners are always kept secret, which is always part of the fun...




After an opening act (previous Genentech employee and singer-songwriter, Eoin Harrington), the CEO (Ian Clark) introduces several patients who have benefitted from Genentech drugs:

First headliner...Natasha Bedingfield:




Next headliner....The Fray:





Last act....The Counting Crows:






It was an absolutely wonderful day, perfect weather and good music. Even though we are no longer on the NYSE...go DNA!

No comments: