About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Citronelle & Blues Travelers

June 29, 2011

We had an intense two-day hearing for work on the Tuesday and Wednesday, resulting in only 3.5 hours of sleep for me on Tuesday night. It was a huge relief to have the hearing completed on Wednesday, and I as so very proud of our team and company for presenting in a credible and scientific manner, and really spoke on behalf of breast cancer patients.

On Wednesday night, our team went to Citronelle in Georgetown for dinner. Citronelle is the brainchilde of Chef Michel Richard, a highly esteemed chef and winner of James Beard "Outstanding Chef" award in 2007.

To start, I had the crab cake with shallot dressing:

For dinner, I had the filet mignon with forest mushrooms and creamy potato gratin:

For dessert, the chocolate bar with sauce noisette:

The meal was fantastic, made all the better with some good laughs and appreciation of all the hard work our team had put forth in the last couple years.

After dinner, a few of us headed over to a venue called Sphinx Club Ballroom to catch the Blues Travelers in concert.









I was surprised I lasted so long, considering the utter lack of sleep the night before. But, the concert was fun, dinner was fabulous, and the folks I were with are top-notch. Thanks to the fantastic team members for a great time!

No comments: