February 12, 2012
It's been a tough weekend, full of allergy-induced sickness, boo. The only real fun thing I managed to do was check out the new Japanese izakaya place in Hayes Valley called Nojo. Nojo was getting great write-ups, so Will, Abe, Wendy W, Wendy C and I went to see if the reviews were right.
Here are the various items we ordered, including the pork jowl kushiyaki:
Salad of cauliflower, baby rapini, radicchio, katsuo bushi, onion and soy-caper vinaigrette:
Skewers of chicken drummie, breast (with garlic-barley and miso butter):
Miso soup with kuri squash, nettles and Shimeji mushrooms:
Gyoza with negi, yellow foot, meyer lemon and shoyu broth:
Tempura of Tree oyster mushrooms, sweet potatoes and meyer lemon:
Bacon-wrapped green onion (negi):
Chawanmushi with dungeness crab, nameko mushrooms and yuzu:
White miso-glazed trout with shungiku, and forest mushrooms:
Dessert of buckwheat and beer crepes with ginger-muscovado syrup, white miso ice cream and fuji apple compote:
Dessert: Chocolate caramel pudding with matcha cream:
Nojo sundae with black sesame ice cream, hachya persimmon and peanut thunder crackers:
I loved this meal, the food was good and reasonable. Fun to share, great vibe. My favorites were the pork jowl, Chawanmushi, trout and chocolate pudding. Yum!
I will definitely be back at Nojo.
No comments:
Post a Comment