About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, December 03, 2012

Burritt Room & Book of Mormon

December 3, 2012

On Sunday, Will and I headed over to Que Syrah in West Portal for our friend/realtor/former landlord Eric's holiday party. It was also nice to see Cindy, Adam and Wendy there, who are all former clients (and homeowners)!



From the holiday party, Will and I met up with Tom and Charlotte at Charlie Palmer's Burritt Room & Tavern in the Mystic Hotel by Union Square for an early dinner.

Will had the cinnamon-dusted Sea of Cortez scallops with wine forest chanterelle risotto, granny smith apple, duck prosciutto and smoked pistachio:


For dinner, I had the red wine braised short rib with potato foam, sausalito springs watercress and piquillo peppers:


A side of the incredibly rich and tasty bone marrow stuffing:


A side of creamy farro risotto:


Tom had the chicken-fried veal sweetbreads with braised cabbage, ham hocks and macerated walnuts:


Charlotte had the housemade spaghetti with pancetta, fontina cream and parsley bread crumbs:


After dinner, we all headed over to the Curran Theater to catch the limited run of the Broadway musical "The Book of Mormon".


The holiday party, dinner and show were all fantastic! What a great Sunday!

No comments: