Ugh, wet weather galore. Hopefully this translates to nice fluffy pow-pow in the mountains, but alas, I was staying in the city for another weekend.
On Friday night, I fell into a nice lazy fetal position on the couch while I watched the entire 5-hour BBC production of my favorite book of all time, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. Key had gotten me the DVD version for my birthday (goodbye to my VHS version!), so it was great falling in love with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy again. It was so hypnotic on Friday night that I bailed on Abe...twice. Oops.
On Saturday morning, I was compelled to sleep in (it's raining, why get up early?). I met up with Key, Katharine, Kat's friend Linda, and a couple of Linda's friends at Beach Chalet for brunch. Yum!
Key couldn't resist the sampler of Beach Chalet-brewed beers.
As per my usual, I ordered meat (Hobb's bacon) with meat (applewood smoked sausage). Oh, and some eggs and delicious potatoes:
Key went for the beer-battered mahi mahi fish and garlic fries. Oh my, this was amazing. I'd eat these for sure next time!
On Saturday night, I met up with Abe (apologetically after bailing twice the night before for dinner and for drinks) and we headed over to Russian Hill for dinner at Sushi Groove. Due to the rain and complete lack of parking in Russian Hill, we were late for our resos, and although we called, they gave away our table. So, while we were waiting for another table, we headed just up the block to a little wine/sake bar called Bacchus, which served me up an amazing lychee saketini cocktail. Yum!
The meal at Sushi Groove was as good as expected. They have a slightly different menu than the Sushi Groove South location on Folsom, but we managed to find some goodies. We tried some nigiri: hawaiian butterfish, wild king salmon, amberjack. We also had some great rolls.
It continued to rain like a mofo, so we walked back up the street to the little wine bar to "wait out the rain". My co-worker, Jessica, joined us and I continued to enjoy another lychee saketini. Yum!
Sometime around midnight, the wine bar was closing (which is probably a good thing) and I headed home. I got home to our house springing leaks all over the place. The problem was scouted to be the "infinity pool" that is created from a blocked drain on the deck off the third floor. The resulting water accumulation creates lovely leaks in Coco's room and in the living room. I was running around like a madwoman in heels trying to put pails/tupperware/pots under all the leaks. Good thing Coco wasn't home...
On Sunday morning, I headed down to San Jose to see my little nieces and nephew. They're so damn cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment