About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day

July 4, 2007


Happy 4th of July!

It's a little awkward having the 4th in the middle of the week. Many folks from work have taken the whole week off, so work has been a little quieter, and I always like traffic better in the summer because school is out.

My sister and her family planned to come up to the city to hang out with me (a nice change from me doing the commute down to SJ) and also to check out my new place. We decided to meet at the San Francisco Zoo in the late morning first. The zoo is open 365 days a year from 10 am to 5 pm. When we got to the zoo, it seemed a little busier, as expected for a holiday, and then we saw the sign "Free Admission Day". Yikes. No wonder the families are out en masse...




It was a gorgeous day in the city, amazingly enough.










After a couple hours at the zoo, we escaped the pandemonium and headed back to my house. It's amazing how three little ones can completely take over your place. I never realized how many different places kids can get into trouble in one space.

We hung out and I whipped up an early dinner (so that they could go back to SJ and Jack could play with fireworks).

We gave the twins their first bath together, and it was the best time ever apparently. They were giggling and splashing nonstop. Cutie pies...



And so, after the insanity of my sister's family taking over my house, I cleaned up and was a wee bit exhausted after the "best birth control ever" crew left. I completely bailed on going to see fireworks and took care of things to do at home. Lame, I know, but goodness, I got a lot done.

I'm looking forward to this weekend in the city as I've been out of town the last three weekends. Yay!

Update: July 9, 2007

Here's the 30-second video of cute babies in my bathtub:


No comments: