About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lococo's Pizzeria

July 25, 2007

On Tuesday night, Will and I went over to Berkeley to have dinner with my aunt and uncle (Joanne and Peter). They have been wanting to take us to one of their favorite Italian restaurants for quite some time, and we finally found a time that worked.

We met them at Lecoco's Pizzeria on Shattuck in Berkeley, in the infamous Gourmet Ghetto. We had the sweet window table in the corner.



The menu at Lococo's is Sicilian Italian fare, with all the pasta hand-made on the premises.


I ordered the Pappardelle Bolognese, which had one of the best bolognese meat sauces with a nicely-balanced red-wine infused flavor that was wonderful. Come here and try this.


Will ordered one of Lococo's trademark wood-fired pizzas with spicy sausage and onion and peppers. Will said it was the perfect amount of spice and of course, he loved it.


We shared the home-made Tiramisu for dessert, amazingly light and tasty.

We had a really nice meal at Lococo's with my aunt and uncle, and I would definitely go back there for that bolognese sauce. Go try it!

No comments: