The work travel insanity continues, with a three-day jaunt to the Big Apple for face-to-face meetings with one of my global teams. For this trip, we were treated with a stay at the schwanky boutique hotel in the Meatpacking District, the Hotel Gansevoort.
For dinner on the Monday night (day I flew in), my team went for dinner at Ajna Bar, which used to be known as Buddha Bar (changed their name due to some law suit with some other bar in Paris?). Either way, it's an asian fusion restaurant with a styled-out space just down the street from the hotel.

We shared an assortment of appetizers and sushi to start. Everything was tasty, and I highly recommend the pork belly and the tartare sampler.

For dinner, I had the beef short ribs, which were tenderly divine:
We had all day meetings on Tuesday, but a free Tuesday night. So, my co-worker Heidi and I met up with Mike and Debbie for dinner at Market Table in West Village, a recommendation from Geneve (thanks Geneve!). Fantastic little restaurant that was walking distance from the hotel, serving up fantastic food.
I started with the Beef Carpaccio with "french fry" salad, parmesan, egg and dijon. Yum!
For dinner, I had the Seared Halibut with butternut squash risotto and hazelnut brown butter. Say that ten times and salivate every time. It was better than that.

We all ended up trying different fish entrees, with Debbie going for the whole Branzino fish and admiring it before tasting...




Dinner was a fantastic catch-up, and we got to hear all the stories from Mike and Debbie's recent honeymoon in Western Europe. I'm psyched that I've had a chance to catch up with the lovely couple three times this fall...unheard of!

I had more meetings all day Wednesday before I had to hop back on the plane on Wednesday night for SF. Short but sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment