About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gitane

December 19, 2009

My birthday is coming up, but I was going to be traveling for work on the actual day (ew...), so I got some more early birthday celebrations.

Will took me out on an early birthday hot date dinner at Gitane, located in charming little Claude Lane in the financial district of SF. I had been wanting to try Gitane for quite some time, so I was very excited.

To start, I had the Saumon Tartare (Maine Royal Salmon with harissa, garlic chips, toasted pinenuts, mint, cilantro, lemon zest and endive leaves). It was pretty amazing...

Will had the Chipirones (grilled monterey squid, stuffed with hot chorizo, garlic, thyme, onion, rice, olives, lemon dressing and fried bell pepper).

For my entree, I had the St. Jacques pan-seared royal sweet scallops with parsnip puree, sautted brussel sprout leaves and chorizo vierge sauce. This is one of the best entrees that I've had in quite some time. Pretty amazing, a definite recommendation.


Will had one of the wood-fire pizzas, the Savoyarde, with raclette cheese, smoked bacon, fingerling potatoes, house made mozzarella and parmesan.
For dessert, we shared the beignets with three dipping sauces, the honey was my favorite.

It was a pretty amazing meal in an incredible setting. A great place to go for a nice hot date!

No comments: