About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Waterbar

May 2, 2010

It's been a tough couple weeks, so I was looking forward to a nice weekend in the city. Thankfully, the weather gods were listening and spoiled us with beautiful blue bird skies.

On Saturday morning, I did a Zumba class and then Will and I met up with Katharine and Key at Waterbar on the Embarcadero. It was a perfect day for brunch on the patio deck overlooking the bay, Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge.


Check out Key's $20 Belveder Vodka Bloody Mary, which includes jumbo Gulf prawns and smoked bacon:

Will, Katharine and I opted for the "Brunch Bubbles", which are make your own mimosas with a bottle of Prosecco and fresh OJ.


For lunch, I had the Dungeness Crab Salad with roasted beets, baby iceberg and "Louie" dressing, which was awesome. Perfect for a nice sunny day.

A couple desserts to share: warm chocolate pudding cake with mint chip ice cream (above) and the "First of the Season" Strawberry Shortcake with lemon pound cake and chantilly (below).


Brunch was awesome. It's days like this that make me fall in love with San Francisco all over again...


No comments: