My very first half-marathon race was in 2008 and it was the first half of the SF Marathon. Since then, I've signed up annually and I had signed up for the 2010 race at the end of last year, thinking I was so smart to catch the early bird price. Well, I had no idea that 8 months later, I would be in utter work hell and not have any time to train. Er...crap.
I wasn't even sure if I should try to run it, but Kerry Soo, Kelli and Rita were running it and convinced me to go for it. I've survived previous half-marathons, so I should be okay, right?
Bright and early for Wave 5 start at 6 AM:
Ok, so I made it, ran the whole thing, a little slower than usual, a lot more painful than usual, and my own ego didn't let me let the hills beat me. But, it's done. Yippee!
Big kudos to Kerry Soo and Rita for kicking ass on their first half-marathons, and to Kelli for killing her time from last year. Also, big, huge thanks to Will, who was the sweetest person and drove us down to the start line at ass early o'clock and picked up our sweaty selves after the race.
After showering and starting to feel like normal, Will and I headed downtown to Yank Sing to join Triple A for a birthday dim sum celebration for Arissa.

Happy Birthday Arissa!
After showering and starting to feel like normal, Will and I headed downtown to Yank Sing to join Triple A for a birthday dim sum celebration for Arissa.
No comments:
Post a Comment