November 11, 2010
On Wednesday night, Will and I met up with Coco and Sonia at
Marlowe for a belated birthday dinner for Coco (which was the week before). It was super nice to catch up and check out this not-so-new place in the former South space.

Sonia had the baked oysters to start:

I had the classic steak tartare with quail egg and crostini (in truth, I really wanted to go to Marlowe because I read Michael Bauer's recent blogspot about the best steak tartare in the city, and it was pretty damn good):

Coco had the roasted bone marrow with salsa verde and fine herbs (holy decadent, Batman!):

Will had the spiced prawns with hot & boozy cocktail sauce (the sauce was zingy):


For dinner, I had the Blue Sole stuffed with blue crab, served with glazed celery root and baby fennel, meyer lemon and capers:

Sonia had the "Poulet vert" with warm broccolini and tempura squash blossoms:

Will had the signature Marlowe burger, with carmelized onions, cheddar, bacon, horseradish aioli and fries:

Coco had the grilled pork chop with crispy parmesan dumplings, apples and pickled mustard seeds. He also ordered the brown sugar brussel sprouts which were to...die...for...

I was out for the count for dessert, but Coco had the TCHO dark chocolate pot de creme with creme fraiche and maple pistachios:

Will had the Bourbon caramel and Bourbon ice cream combo sundae:


Marlowe was tasty and the company was fantastic. Happy belated birthday, Coco!
No comments:
Post a Comment