About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rich-What? and DC

May 15, 2012

I had to be in DC for a work meeting, so I went out a little early on a Friday so I could spend Mother's day weekend with my sister's family and my parents, who also came into town. It was a gorgeous weekend, and I started it off with a 4-hour traffic jam of a drive from Dulles airport to Richmond. Ack!

I got to Richmond in time for late dinner and lots of hugs and kisses from Olivia, Char and Simey. On a whim, my sister, parents and I decided go see a late show of "The Avengers" movie. We realized that it was the first time since we were teenagers that we had seen a movie all together as a family. Twenty years ago? Double ack!

On Saturday morning, I had a little fun with Simon by rigging up a real-life Angry Birds set-up in the kitchen. Pretty fun:






Char's gymnastics showcase:













The original four:

Post-Mother's Day brunch photo session:






On early Monday morning, I was off to DC via Amtrak. I had meetings all day, and then finished off with a great southern meal with some co-workers at Georgia Browns.


Appetizer sampler for the team with Fried Green Tomatoes, Cornmeal Crusted Catfish fingers, Crispy Chicken Livers and Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese:


Southern Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, braised collard greens and pan gravy:

Nothing like a nice evening walk by the Washington Monument and National Mall to aid in digestion:


It was a fantastic weekend with my family, and a quickie but good visit to DC. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments: