About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Baker & Banker

September 23, 2012

On Saturday night, Will and I caught up with Coco and Sonia for a post-wedding celebration (Coco and Sonia got hitched in July!) and dinner at Baker & Banker.

Some appetizers to start, the Liberty duck and prune terrine, herb mustard, cornichone salad, toasted baguette (from the Baker & Banker bakery):


House-smoked trout, potato latke, horseradish cream, pickled beets and shaved fennel:


Fried padron peppers, lemon and sea salt:


Brokaw's avocado, burrata, housemade fennel seed crackers, pickled shallots and Villa Manadori balsmico:


For dinner, both Sonia and I had the Mirin and soy-braised black cod with Mendocino uni and shitake sticky rice, with charred bok choy. It was A-MAZING!:


Will had the braised lamb agnolotti, smoked eggplant, shishito peppers, bouquerones, and squash blossoms:

Coco had the seared locak King salmon, eggplant caponata, black garlic, slow roasted cherry tomatoes, and basil aioli:


For dessert, the candied bacon doughnuts, bourbon cheesecake and maple glaze:

Nectarine and pluot crips with brandysnap ice cream:


Apple tarte tatin, with brown butter ice cream and almond parmesan tuille:


Pumpkin gingersnap tart with gingerbread baked Alaska:


Newlyweds!:


Dinner was fantastic, we need to find a reason to go back soon. It's been a long time since I've seen such an exciting dessert menu too!

No comments: