About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Parkway Speakeasy

November 9, 2005

In an epic anti-aging move, I went out on a Wednesday night. That's right, I didn't just go to the gym, come home, eat dinner and pass out after checking my e-mail. In fact, I even went to the East Bay.

Abe, Key and I met up with a bunch of monkey frisbee players and enjoyed a late screening of "40-year Old Virgin" at the Parkway Speakeasy Theatre in Oakland. First of all, the Parkway is a fantastic place to see a movie if you've never been. On most nights, you have to be 21-years of age or older to get in. There are two large theatres, each with lots of comfy sofas near the front where you can enjoy some food (in my case, some buffalo wings and veggies) and a drink or two (two ciders for me!).

Secondly, the movie "40-year Old Virgin" is hilarious. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 guffaws (that's a lot of laughs). I'm glad that it lived up to my expectations, as I had high standards for Steve Carell from his previous hijinks as a correspondent on the "Daily Show with Jon Stewart".

Thanks to Nate and Jenny for coming up with this idea and getting me out of the city for once.

1 comment:

melissa aka paco said...

The Parkway Rocks!