About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Busy As A Bea

September 29, 2006

For the first time in almost a year, I didn't have time to post a weekend update of some sort. That's just how damn busy I am these days.

I was talking to some previous research colleagues a couple weeks ago, and telling them how I've never been this busy in my life at work. It's a good kind of busy, but for a control freak like me, it's tough feeling anxious all the time with the paranoia that I'm missing/forgetting something. Tough beans, I gotta deal.

Why so busy? I took on a lot of projects a few months ago to cover as lots of people were out (maternity leave, vacation, sabbatical), and all these "easy" projects got really challenging and all at the same time. On top of that, we've had some intense interactions with the health authorities for work stuff, and as soon as they say any little thing, you're off and running to get the answer/response.

Also, frisbee season is heating up, as we're in the thick of fall series. My co-ed club team, Brass Monkey, competed in our Sectionals tournament to qualify for Regionals last weekend in sunny and hot Davis, CA. We had a relatively successful weekend, going 6-1, losing to Mischief in the finals to take the 2 seed out of our section. We will be heading up to Burlington, WA in just over a week for Regionals to seek one of four bids to Nationals in Florida at the end of October. So, that means track workouts, Sunday practices, and just overall trying to stay/get in shape.

Last night, I filled in for Anna on Smash and Crash's soccer league. Smash and Crash consists of Wendy, Ashley, Pete Rive, Pete Holland, Louis Eisenberg, Pat Hard, Shaun Webb and Anna. Will also played last night. I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not a very good soccer player. This may have been the third time that I've ever played soccer. I stayed back in "defense", had one successful challenge against a girl getting the ball away from her, and then proceeded to get beaten by one of their good men who passed the ball to himself between my legs. Not cool.

Anyway, today is Wendy's 31st birthday...(HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDO!)...we'll be celebrating strong tonight, so hopefully I can post an entertaining post full of sinful pictures later on.

No comments: