About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Family Reunions + Moving Prep = Exhausting

April 23, 2007

That last blogspot about the NYC trip took a lot out of this little camper. All last week, I was back home in Canuck-land for family stuff, so I took a "vacation" from blogging as well.

I headed back to Calgary on April 13 (Fri) and flew back to SF on April 20 (Sat), so it was 7 full days of pure family fun. Will and I spent the Friday night in Calgary with his folks and then headed to Vulcan for my family madness.

It was my Dad's 60th birthday on Wednesday (April 18), and to celebrate, a family reunion on both sides of my family were invited (and they all came!). All my relatives in Canada and US, in addition to a gaggle of my Dad's friends from all over came for the trip. It was insane. Terrina (Angie's best friend, Olivia's godmother and our other sister) came all the way from Dhaka, Bangladesh! Will was only around for a long weekend (until Monday night), so he got some good quality time in before the majority of the family and friends showed up.

Anyway, here's a bunch of pictures of family and lots of the cute twins. (The kiddies had to get their own passports to fly to Canada...their passport photos are soooo cute!!!).




This is Charlotte's "Joker" face that she likes to put on, so cute...



No doubt about it, going home means I get to eat great cooking from mom and dad, and no one barbeques Alberta AAA beef like Dad does. And we had King crab legs....sooo yummy...

Before Will had to take off for Boston for work on Monday, we took a cute little family photo:


On the day of my Dad's 60th birthday, we all headed up to Calgary for a really nice birthday banquet in Chinatown at Harbor City Restaurant. There were over 60 people in attendance, from all walks of Dad's life.

Look at this picture, Charlotte and my dad have the same smile!...

My sister and I gave a speech, and then Dad introduced all of the friends and family in attendance and told some great stories.




The Leung-Wu-Chu and extended families:
The rest of the week was a blur of friends and family eating...all the time. I don't think that Vulcan has ever seen so many Chinese people at one time before.

And, in case you haven't had your fill of really cute pics of the kids, here are a couple studio shots that Angie and Jack had taken...


And so, I caught the early flight home on Saturday morning at 6:30 am so that I would have all day Saturday and Sunday to prep for the impending move to our new place. It's the end of an era as Will, Coco and I move out of the 512 house. Will and I got a new place down the hill and are moving in all this week. I am overwhelmed.

Wish us luck!

P.S. I've succumbed to the Facebook craze. God help us all.

No comments: