About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Abe Turns 31!

May 18, 2007

Yesterday was Abe's 31st birthday, and we headed out for dinner in the Mission.

But, before that, some folks from work were meeting up around the corner on Mission at Medjool. It was a nice day, with a good breeze, but a clear view of the skyline, so pretty.



We rolled through good conversation, and the next thing I knew, I had gone through 4 gin and tonics. Awesome.

Will and I headed over to Dosa to meet up with the gang for Abe's birthday dinner. We arrived to find Abe and Robert drinking out of paper bags...classy!


Dosa is primarily a walk-in restaurant, and they only take reservations for parties of 6-10 people. There were 8 of us, and I was in no mood to coordinate anything else, so we left it up to our wonderful server, who brought us amazing dishes.

Dosa serves up Southern Indian cuisine has been recognized as one of SF Chronicle Michael Bauer's Top 100 Restaurants in 2006.

Our server attempted to explain what each dish was, with descriptions and suggestions of how to eat it, but I was a few drinks in, so all I recall is how great everything tasted. We had four starters, two salads, and eight dishes from the main menu.








The trademark dish of Dosa is of course, the dosa. Dosas are wonderful thin crepes made of lentils and crepes, so light and amazing that they almost melt in your mouth. We tried dosas of different fillings and consistencies, and all were enjoyable.















After dinner, we headed over to Beauty Bar for an after dinner drink.



Happy birthday Abe!