Last night, Will and I went to Brava Theatre in Outer Mission to catch Tegan and Sara in concert.
Tegan and Sara are twins from our old hood (Calgary) and are releasing their newest album called "The Con" today. I've seen them a couple other times in concert (at the Independent and Great American Music Hall), and they're great live, with really cute sisterly stage banter.
This show was part of an early pre-tour tour, prior to their album being released. Sorry, no pics, forgot my camera...
We had sweet tix, 5th row, center right. There was no opening act, the show started around 8 pm and went on for two hours. Tegan and Sara played all 14 songs from their new album in the first hour of the show. Both Tegan and Sara are very talented musicians (bouncing between multiple guitars and the keyboards) and tell really funny stories. They were a little nervous, which was cute, and responded to the crowd's energy. There are several songs from their new album which sound really good, including their first release "Back In Your Head", which is really catchy.
In the second hour, they played some of their old hits, including: "Speak Slow", "Walking With A Ghost", "You Wouldn't Like Me", "Where Does the Good Go", etc. etc.
Check out the album and support another great Canadian band.
1 comment:
I love Tegan & Sara! Were you the only heteros in the crowd? Can I say that? Is this a PG blog? ;)
Post a Comment