About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Season of Leaving

November 12, 2007

I went to South Bay to see the fam on Saturday, meeting up with Angie and Olivia after dance class at Sonoma Chicken Coop in Campbell for lunch.



I drove Olivia back home and as typical of 4-5 year olds, I experienced an onslaught of questions about everything in life and beyond. The kid asks a lot of questions (e.g. "where does rain come from?", "what's a sigh?", etc.etc.)






Cute kid video montage:

I was also surprised to find out that not only is Simon quite the jibber-jabber, he actually knows when to say thank you. These kids are amazing. Okay, maybe I'm biased.


I went back up to the city to have ladies dinner. We enjoyed some wonderful take-out Chinese food from Eric's in Noe Valley.
And the hits just keep on coming. This time, it's Abe who's packing up and heading off to live in Whistler, B.C. with Kenny over the winter, and then embarking on some travels after to Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. To say liquid goodbye, we went to Rye bar in the Tenderloin. In keeping with the trend of hand-crafted cocktails that have double-digit prices, Rye has quite the list of specialty cocktails. I especially enjoyed the basil gimlet.



It's quite sad to see Abe go, but he's been planning this for some time, so it's no surprise. We're also looking forward to having some more incentive to visit Whistler this winter, and we are thankful that Kenny and Abe will be reunited. Good times. We'll you miss you, Abe-licioius!

No comments: