Every year, I get a little excited during the month of January because there's always San Francisco's Dine About Town to look forward to. It's a great program that SF restaurants participate in, with a 3-course lunch for $21.95 or a 3-course dinner for $31.95. It's a great incentive for diners to dine out after the holiday season. I use it as a good excuse to check out restaurants that I've been wanting to try for a decent cost.
This year, the program is only running for 2 weeks (January 15-31), but has a fantastic list of places participating. Will was out of town for work, so Key took me out to try Ruth's Chris Steakhouse as a belated birthday dinner.
Our choices for the 3-course dinner were:
1) Steak House Salad - Iceberg, Arugula and baby lettuces with cherry tomatoes, garlic croutons and red onions.
2) 12 oz. Ribeye - An outstanding example of USDA Prime at its best. Well marbled for peak flavor, deliciously juicy. I chose the creamed spinach as the accompaniement, while Key went for the mashed potatoes.
3) I had the key lime pie while Key had the bread pudding.
Dinner was delish, and I'm glad that I finally got to try this steakhouse.
Go check out Dine About Town if you get a chance, it's a great deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment