About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dine About Town: Scott Howard

January 24, 2008

The sabbatical time is quickly ticking away and I'm trying to cram as much stuff into the little bit left before I go back to work. Part of my "to do" list is to catch up with as many folks as possible, and it worked out that I could catch up with some girls over dine about town dinner at the same time, efficiency at its best.

During the day on Wednesday, Wendy, Will and I decided to have lunch at Houston's and visit Natasha. There's nothing like prime rib to soothe the soul during the day.

I went to meet up with Wendy, Gail, Tracy, Kerry Soo and Lyrica for dinner at Scott Howard, a place that I've always enjoyed and was participating in the Dine About Town program.

I had already had a big eating day, so I opted to select two courses off the regular menu instead of doing the 3-course dine about town menu. Good choice.

I started with the Japanese Hamachi, served with pickled cucumbers & hon shimenji mushrooms, and citrus ponzu. Yum! I heart hamachi. It also makes me think about all the delectable hamachi that we caught in New Zealand and is still down there...
For an entree, I had the Roasted Venison with roasted butternut squash and red currant sauce. It was delicious. I was hoping that the beef short ribs were going to be on the menu (a favorite), but had opted for the venison, which was a good choice. I did note that it looked like the portions had gotten a little smaller, but that's probably a good thing, considering I was perfectly satisfied after my meal and not hungry for more.
I dipped into dessert with Tracy, the trademark butterscotch pudding with whipped cream. You really have to try this if you come here.



It was great to catch up with the ladies and enjoy some more great eating. It's too bad that Dine About Town only lasts two weeks this year, there's not enough time!

No comments: