About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chan-er Turns 33!

September 28, 2008

Wendy's big 3-3 birthday is on the 29th, but we took some time on the weekend to celebrate her birthday.

On Saturday morning, I went for a long run (~11 miles) with Kali and then Will and I started sorting out moving stuff in the afternoon. We took a "moving" reprieve and went to hang out with Wendy and the Spanish surfing contingent at gorgeously-sunny Dolores Park.


For dinner, a good crew of 12 went for dinner to CONDUIT Restaurant for Wendy's birthday dinner.




I had the carpaccio with arugula and spicy peppers to start, yum!
Will and a couple other folks started with the tortellini of braised oxtail, french onion and gruyere. This might have been the winner for the starters, it was delicious!
Gail had the tomato salad with watermelon, basil and ricotta salata. For dinner, a bunch of us had the braised Short Ribs with potato, torpedo onion, carrot and horseradish. This was wonderful, scrumptious, the beef was so tender it almost melted in your mouth. Apparently, CONDUIT is known for this dish, and now I can see why...
Shaun had the roasted pork with sweet corn, fava and bacon. There was nothing left on his plate, so I'm assuming it was good.
Sue Hee had the fettucine with beef-pork sugo and parmagiano reggiano.











After dinner, our plan was originally to go to 500 Club, but early arrivals to that little dive bar alerted us to the fact that there was a funeral wake celebrating the life of some hipster named Bob, so we relocated to Elixir Bar.






Happy (early) Birthday Wendy!

No comments: