About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Long-Weekend Good Times

November 30, 2008

Long weekends are fantastic, especially ones that last 4 days! 

On Friday morning, I went for a run with Gail and Sandy in the Marina (~4 miles), and then we did some errands and had late lunch at The Grove on Fillmore St. That evening, Will and I finally hung up some pictures at the new house. Later in the night, Gail, Sandy, Will and I went to Latin America Club to meet up with Adam and Nora, a couple who we met at John and Jasmine's wedding in August. Adam and Nora live in LA, but were in town for Thanksgiving with Nora's cousin, Hannah, so it was great to catch up with them while they were in town. 



On Satuday, I headed back down to South Bay to hang out with the family. I was also going to take my folks to SFO so they could catch their flight back to Calgary, such a short trip! 
Simon is a typical little boy who LOVES trains:
On Saturday evening, we took it pretty easy. Gail and Sandy came over to have Thai food, and then Shaun and Chuck showed up and we all watched "Tropic Thunder", hilarious movie. 

On Sunday morning, it was a pretty early wake-up call, as Gail and I were going to run the "Run Wild For a Child 10K" race in GG Park with Sandy, Tracy, Kali, Heather, and some other folks. It was a gorgeous morning, and the route was pretty good, more hills than expected. Sorry, no photos, I didn't feel like running with my camera. I wasn't feeling great in general (allergies?), so I wasn't sure how I'd end up, hoping to hit a 9:15 min/mile pace. In the end, my GPS watch said that I had finished in 56:39 (~8:59 pace, woohoo!). The race didn't have any timing chips, so according to the official website my stats were: 56:55 (~9:10 pace).  Either way, I was happy with the run. 

The run crew brunch at Park Chow afterwards and then we headed home. I went shopping with Gail and Sandy, and then Gail and I went for dinner with JoJo while Will hosted poker night at our house.

All in all, a nice and quiet long weekend with family and friends. Hope you all had a great long weekend!

No comments: