FRIDAY
On Friday afternoon, Will's folks (Mike & Susan) rolled into town, on their way back to Vancouver Island after spending time at their timeshare in San Diego County (Ramona). Mike & Susan were spending the weekend with us in SF, checking out our new home for the first time.
I made dinner at home so we could spend a low-key Friday evening at home. We ended the evening with some cards (games of "31").
On Saturday morning, I went for an early run at Crissy Field with JoJo and Liz, and then I joined Will, Mike and Susan for the rest of the day across GG Bridge for brunch and a hike. We hit our favorite Fred's Coffee Shop in Sausalito to bulk up on some food-fuel.
From Fred's, we headed over to the Marin Headlands via the Coastal route, with some picturesque camera ops on the way...
Our start point was Rodeo Beach, from which we were going to hike the Point Bonita Trail (ranked #1 on the top 7 Marin Headlands hikes). The hike includes great vantage points: Point Bonita Lighthouse, a few Batteries (Mendell, Wallace, Alexander), and the Nike Missile Site. It was a gorgeous day for a hike...
The hike was about 4.3 miles in total and I was excited to get some great pics of the area on a sunny day.
For dinner, we headed downtown to Perbacco. Perbacco is a fantastic restaurant and one of my faves in the city. I didn't blog the meal (as I've been there before), but we had a wonderful meal and the service was great.
After dinner, we went home and played some cards (our fave game, Euchre), and the games were tight and competitive in teams of girls (Susan and I) vs. the boys (Mike and Will). We ended with a 2-2 tie...
SUNDAY
On Sunday morning, I did an early run with the girls (Wendy, Sandy, Gail). From there, we met up with a big ol' crew for dim sum at Ton Kiang, as Su*Wu and Winks were also in town from NC. I was excited to have my chicken feet partner-in-crime at dim sum again, I've missed you Su!
After dim sum, Will and I took Mike and Susan on a walking tour of our neighborhood and were treated to some more awesome views on a sunny day...
For dinner, Mike and Susan whipped up a raclette dinner, and we finally got to use the raclette set that they had given to us quite some time ago. Finally! It was really tasty!
And, we also finally opened up one of our fantastic bottles of NZ wine that we got when Will and I were traveling to visit his bro and sister-in-law:
We ended the evening with some more rowdy rounds of Euchre (Susan and I got creamed 4-1 by Will and Mike, d'oh!)
It was a wonderful weekend and we had a lovely time with Mike and Susan, who finally go to spend some time with us in our new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment