It's that time of the year again, when we change over to Daylight Saving Time (Spring Forward), and we lose that precious hour of sleep. Ugh.
On Sunday morning, with one less hour of sleep-in, I went for a nice long run in the sun with Gail, JoJo, Cindy and Sandy at Crissy Field/Fort Mason/Fort Point. Lovely.
Post-run, Gail, Sandy and I headed over to Fillmore Street to have lunch, and ended up at SPQR. I'd been meaning to try this place, and we got parking right in front, so we decided to check out their Sunday brunch. Great idea (thanks Sandy!).
SPQR is named after the Latin phrase "Senatus Populusque Romanus", which (according to Wikipedia) refers to the referring to the government of the ancient Roman Republic, and used as an official signature of the government (it appears on coins, at the end of documents made public by inscription in stone or metal, in dedications of monuments and public works, and was emblazoned on the standards of the Roman legions).
Polenta and ricotta hotcake with pears and almonds. Amazing, I love the textural grittiness of polenta, which was balanced nicely with the smooth ricotta. Our server told us that she works brunch for this hotcake, and I can see why! Delish!
I opted for the "lunch" side of brunch, and had the fettuccine with pork and wild mushroom sugo and pecorino. So good and worth it. These guys know how to do pasta, which I guess would be important for a place specializing in italian food.
We shared the gelato (hazelnut) and sorbetto (bergemot orange) with pizzelle as dessert. Very tasty too.
We wandered around Fillmore for the rest of the afternoon and then I headed home to get some of life sorted.
On Sunday night, Will and I headed over to the Honeypot (JonZ, Damien and Woody's casa) for late dinner, as there were some folks in from outta town (Big Jim, MikeyZ, Mo). Steph did a cameo appearance before hauling off with her college frisbee kids (in town to play the Stanford Invite).
No comments:
Post a Comment