On Sunday in the wee early hours of the morning, Kelli and I got up and got ready for the Nike Women's Half-Marathon. Sweet Will was kind enough to drive us down to the start line at Union Square.


I enjoyed the musical entertainment (check out the choir below along the Embarcadero):
I enjoyed all the aid stations (amazingly supported race, with aid stations every two miles with Gatorade and water at each one, and some had Luna moons, oranges, Ghirardelli chocolate, etc.). I felt strong all race, and was surprised at how good I felt on the hill climbs.
Kelli had a tough last 4 miles, so I was glad to have been there to help her through that. It was worth it in the end, she gritted through (yay Kelli!) and we finished on the Great Highway, with the sun shining. We were happily greeted by the famous firemen in tuxedos handing out the even more famous Tiffany's finisher's necklace.





After the run, we headed to Beach Chalet for post-run breakfast (hello, Bloody Mary!), and check out our awesome finisher dry-fit shirts:




I was happy to have finally run the Nike Women's half marathon. All the Saturday mornings spent going to the Nike Women's Run Club at the Marina (and sometimes in Danville) to get into the race was worth it. I hope I can get in next year, it would be great to take on the course again.

No comments:
Post a Comment