About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Family Time in the Great White

February 22, 2010

My auntie, Irene, is a pretty amazing woman. She was diagnosed with liver cancer over 12 years ago, and has defied all the odds since. She hasn't been feeling that well lately, so I booked a quick trip to Vancouver to see her on the weekend.

Here's a pic of Will and I with my auntie last June:

Luckily, I was able to get a flight pretty easily due to the Olympics. When I wasn't with my aunt, I was catching up with all my cousins and their families. It was a great chance to spend some time with all of them. We even had a chance to see my cousin's daughters sing in their church choir:


On Sunday morning, I stopped by John, Emily and James' house, conveniently only a few minutes from all my family! It also happened to be John's birthday, so I brought some birthday treats from Tim Hortons..mmm....

Look how big James is getting!:





Some pics of my cousins' kids:


Me and the cousins:
I was glad to have made the trip and had the chance to spend some time with my family. All my good thoughts are going to my auntie to get better soon!

No comments: