On Saturday, I hopped on a flight from SFO to Shanghai for a couple of days of work meetings.
SUNDAY
SUNDAY
The downfall of flying east is that you lose a day, so I landed on Sunday late afternoon. I was staying in the New Pudong area, which is very modern and "westernized". Shanghai is currently the host city for Expo 2010, so the city is a-buzz with activity and I was impressed with how clean it was.

MONDAY
Monday was chock full of work meetings all day, and then a team dinner at Lang Yi Fang restaurant back in Pudong right by our hotel, see below for some pictures of Shanghai-ese cuisine mixed in with some more views of Shanghai at night from the restaurant view.












TUESDAY

TUESDAY
On Tuesday, it was more work meetings until the early afternoon, when we finally had some time go do a little sightseeing. It was, however, a zillion degrees and unbearable % humidity, which I am not equipped to deal very well with.







It was a mighty short trip, but it was really nice to finally get to see some more of China, although it was a very small portion of the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment