About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

fun.

March 29, 2012

Will was out of town on a backcountry ski trip, but he had bought tickets to see one of our favorite bands (fun.) many months ago. So, I got to go with Key instead, yay!

On Wednesday night, Key and I grabbed dinner at Bar Crudo, and then went over to the Independent for the concert. The lead singer of fun. is Nate Ruess, previously of one of our other favorite bands, The Format. He has a very distinctive voice and writes some great catchy songs. Fun. has found recent success with their single "We Are Young" from their second album, which is all over the place and topping the charts. Frankly, both their albums are fantastic, and I was excited to see them live again.

The opening band was Avalanche City, with a charismatic lead singer from New Zealand. I really liked what I heard and it's always exciting to discover a new band in concert.




Fun. time:













Such a great concert, so glad that Will got the tickets, even though he couldn't come! It was also nice to run into Pete and Woody. Fun.!

No comments: