April 6, 2012
I went to NJ for a work trip in early April and spent a week in Nutley and Hoboken. I love staying at the W Hoboken, as it has a great location on the Hudson River (love running along the waterfront) and easy access to the PATH rail to get into Manhattan. I also rented a car to do the daily trek to the Nutley site for work, so I'm getting to know the NJ traffic a little.
Check out the awesome magnetic mural of Manhattan at the W by Ann Carrington:
On Tuesday night, I went for dinner with one of my teams to Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Spice Market in the meatpacking district:
Dinner is served family-style, so check out all the different amazing dishes we had below. I was also a big fan of the passion fruit sangria and the ginger margarita too...
Lobster summer roll with citrus-dill gelee and sriracha emulsion:
Crab dumplings with sugar snap peas and aromatic spices:
Black pepper shrimp with sun dried pineapple:
Salmon tartare with so ginger dressing, avocado and radish:
Spiced chicken samosas with cilantro yogurt:
Spicy Thai fried chicken wings with asian pear and mint:
Spicy Shanghai soup noodles with chilled silken tofu, garlic and herbs:
Steamed lobster, butter fried garlic, ginger and dried chili:
Coconut sticky rice steamed in banana leaf:
Vegetables in green curry:
Char grilled chicken with kumquat lemongrass dressing:
After dinner, a few of us took a stroll on the Highline at night, and caught a nice view of our hotel across the Hudson.
The rest of the week was full of work, and on my last night, I went to Bin 14, a great wine bar and restaurant in Hoboken. I met up with Katherine first:
After a drink with Katherine, I was joined by some of my team in Nutley for dinner. We shared a gaggle of dishes for dinner, check out the pics below.
Three kinds of bruschetta: 1) Tuna tartare with jalapeno, scallions and capers, 2) Lobster club with crispy prosciutto, and avocado, 3) Salmon tartare, ricotta, basil, chili-orange marmelade
Pizza with prosciutto di Parma, fig and ricotta:
Mushroom risotto with truffle oil and shaved parmesan:
Macaroni and cheese:
Fried chicken with corn bread:
I headed home on the Friday, but it was a great week out east. I'll be heading out there more often in the future (once a month or so), so it's nice to get to know the area more.




No comments:
Post a Comment