I've been on the road for work travel more often lately. This time it was a one-week trip to NJ and then to London.
On Monday night, I went into city for dinner with two co-workers at Ilili in the Flatiron district:
To start, I had the Kibbe Naye Beirutieh (steak tartar with burghul, onion and mint):
These are the most amazing brussel sprouts that I've ever had. Seriously. For real. They were mixed with grapes, fig jam, walnuts and mint yogurt.
For dinner, I had the Lobster Hommus:
For dessert, the boys had the "ilili Candy Bar" with chocolate ganache, fig caramel and pistachio. I had a bite and it was insane. No wonder all the reviews on Yelp talk about this dessert (they also talk about the brussel sprouts).
On Tuesday night after work, I met up with some former Roche Nutley co-workers for dinner in Montclair at Pig and Prince.
On Wednesday, I flew from Newark to London Heathrow. I was staying at a beautiful hotel near Kings Cross station called the St. Pancras Renaissance hotel.
On Thursday, we took the train from Kings Cross station to the Welwyn site, my first time there.
Despite the crappy weather, I loved visiting the building and working there.
On Thursday night, we had a drink at the beautiful bar in the St. Pancras...
...and then tubed to Covent Garden for dinner...
...at The Savoy Grill! Everybody needs a little Gordon Ramsey in London...right!?!
I started with the smoked and cured Scottish Salmon:
Followed by the rib-eye steak:
Dinner was delicious, and I had a great time with my co-workers.
On Friday night, I met up for drinks with an old university pal, Dee-Anna, in the Piccadilly area at Alphabet Bar. Then my co-worker, Marty, met up with us and we headed over for dinner to Brasserie Zedel, a swank underground French brasserie...it was also Marty's birthday!
To start, I had the salmon tartare:
And for dinner, I had the Boeuf Bourguigon...of course!:
Dessert? Profiteroles and chocolate sauce? Tarte au Citron? Sure!
Happy Birthday, Marty!






No comments:
Post a Comment