About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Girls' Night In

March 12, 2006

It's inevitable that my body automatically wakes up around 8 am, so even though I want to sleep in on a Saturday morning, it may not be possible.

I had a productive Saturday morning, where I hit a step class at the gym, went grocery shopping (to pick up items for the girls' night potluck and the baby shower), got a soy chai latte, and started laundry before noon. I headed down to Haight street to meet up with my friend, Sutton, who was going to join me for a shopping extravaganza. We hit all the goodies, Shoebiz, Ambiance, Villains, the other Shoebiz, etc. In an epic showing of stamina, we then headed up the hill, grabbed my wheels and went to Union Square where we hit more goodies. By 4 pm, we were spent and I had to get home to prep for the potluck.

The girls' night involved the ladies of my co-ed frisbee team, Brass Monkey, and was going to take place in Heather Brown's new condo in an area of town that is flanked by lower haight, hayes valley, inner mission and the castro. Heather does not know the name of her neighborhood, but I have heard it called the Art Deco district. I think we'll start calling it the Flax district, due to its close proximity to the fantastic art supplies store on Market called Flax.



Heather whipped up a fantastic polenta lasagne, and I made some seared ahi tuna on a bed of greens. We had appetizers galore and grazed over our food for several hours. Kerry Soo rounded our menu with one of her trademark desserts, a raspberry chocolate torte (to die for!). Our initial plan was to eat, drink, chat and then go dancing. We covered the eating and drinking, and inserted a helluva lotta chatting, and realized that it was close to 12:30 am. So much for dancing and girls' night out.

Kerry's raspberry chocolate torte

A fuzzy group picture...damn camera...

No comments: