About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Whitefish Wrap-Up

March 4, 2006

Our trip came to a close today, as Wendy drove back to Calgary and Will, JonZ and I flew home to SF.

Wendy and I took Thursday off from the slopes to catch up on work. We went for a run around the Meadowlake Resort complex (lots of new construction in progress) and worked out in the Rec Center gym. I indulged myself and got a 90 minute massage (thanks Kari!)...after all, it's vacation!

The groceries that we need to finish before we leave

The night went by pretty quickly with lots of beer and cider to tackle in the fridge and some intense euchre card games. I was officially the euchre loser, as whichever team I was on ended up losing...yikes!

On Friday, we all headed to Big Mountain for our last day on the slopes. We were greeted with another 4-5 inches of fresh snow and it was another great day. Without my partner Kristi, I flew solo on the back side for most of the day. The snow in the trees were sick on the backside, and Connie's Coulee didn't disappoint either. The front-side was also pretty fun, as it was chilly enough to keep the snow and there was a light sprinkling of freshies.





We ended our last day where we spent the rest of the week...at the Bierstube. There was one last super-hot hot tub (109 degrees!), and we headed to the North Fork Grille in the main building for dinner.

Alaskan Electric Tea at the North Fork Grille

We initiated another epic night of euchre, with the girls (Wendy and I) vs. the boys (JonZ and Will). I redeemed myself, as Wendy and I won 2 out of 3 series, with the last one a slaughter of 11-2 points. I am no longer a euchre loser!

We really didn't want to leave our Montana home base, it was such a great week and it went by so fast. Our flights back were uneventful, with the exception of almost missing our connecting flight out of Seattle to SFO because our delayed Kalispell-to-Seattle flight. As a result, 4 out of 6 pieces of luggage made the flight but my snowboard bag and JonZ's ski bag had to wait for the next flight.

It's good to be home, and the weather forecast which calls for 3-4 feet of snow to dump in the Sierra Mountains this week makes it easier to be home too!

No comments: