I've been slacking at blogging, this post is from Tuesday night. The slacking is also partly due to the fact that I used up all my "downtime" at work yesterday to compose a really prolific catch-up e-mail to Kenny in Tanzania, who just recently finished his big climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro (go Kenny!). Oh, and I've been having technical difficulties with uploading pictures from my Powerbook at home...damnit! I'll add pics if I ever fix the problem...
Anyway, on Tuesday night, a few of us threw together an impromptu potluck at Abe's casa to catch up.
And because you all just love hearing about what we all eat in SF...
Potluck menu:
- Ahi Tuna Poke with deep-fried wonton chips (Wendy)
- Bacon-wrapped scallops (Bea & Will)
- Cheese plate (Anna)
- Home-made Mac & Cheese (Abe & Wendy Tribbey)
- Mushroom and ricotta-stuffed manicotti (Kat)
- Dill and potato-chip covered poached salmon (Anna, Wendy, Frank)
- Mixed green salad with corn, white raisins, and a bunch of other goodies (Ashley)
- many, many bottles of wine (Bea, Will, Wendy Tribbey, Kat, Jeff)
- Angel food cake with berries and fresh Meyer lemon curd (Key)
Key's Angel Food Cake and accompanying goodies
Bacon-wrapped scallops...mmm!!!
The pasta and salmon aisle






There was a tremendous amount of food and it was all very scrumptious...who needs to go out and eat when you have friends who can cook! The best news was that Key came out of baking-retirement and produced one of the most tasty lemon curd that I have ever tasted! By 10:30 pm, we were all in food coma and it became all very apparent that it was a school night.
An update on Kenny's current travel plans:
- south to Mozambique, possibly Malawi
- onto South Africa before getting to Cape Town by the end of May
- back to SF in early June
Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment