April 11, 2006
Our friend, Robert, has embarked on his 5-month travels and is currently in Wellington, New Zealand:
NZ is a wonderful place. So beautiful and the people are very cool. I'm staying with Ray Fort and his girlfriend probably until Monday or Tuesday when I head to the South Island. We are going to a "batch" on Friday for a couple of days. (Translation: a "batch" is a beach house).
Man, is NZ ever expensive. Everything costs a fortune because it is so isolated and the population is small at 4 million people. The Kiwis are great fun and humourous people. It would be great to spend many months here as there are so many things to do and see especially in regards to the outdoors, but it's so pricy that it would be hard. I'm hoping to do some blackwater rafting (cave rafting) on the South Island and I might do some parabungee or zorbing or something like that depending on cost.
This is the land of Frodo and man, do they push the "Lord of Rings" thing everywhere. Ray and I played a round of disc golf north of Wellington and there were tourist groups walking through the course because a tiny part of one of the movies was shot there, but nothing remains from the shoot. Funny.
Stay tuned for more updates from our favorite French Canadian with the Jew-fro...
No comments:
Post a Comment