Seeing as how my sister had her twins, I was in the green to head up to Calgary for Ath & Kristi's wedding (yay!), conveniently planned for the first weekend of the greatest outdoor show on earth, the Calgary Stampede.
My flight out was Friday around noon, which got me into Calgary in late afternoon. My girlfriend, Donna, picked me up at the airport, which was a fantastic display of country music and cheesy rubberstamp branding ridiculousness...I love Calgary during the Stampede...
We headed into the city, grabbed a coffee, dropped off my stuff at Mike & Susan Lavery's, and then went to dinner downtown at Zen 8, a previous employer of mine. Zen 8 is a sushi joint run by Paul Vickers, who owns a nice monopoly of cheesy but highly successful bars in the city, including the infamous Cowboys. Donna and I were joined by her friend Vanessa, a very funny and great person, who also happens to be an anesthesiologist...wow!
We dined on great raw fish, and it was fun to see some old co-workers (Tetsu is still behind the sushi counter!). Vanessa's husband, Kurt, showed up later, as did a country-fied Kalah and Ace.
Donna, Kurt and Vanessa
Nice boots Kalah!
After dinner, Kalah, Ace, Donna and I headed over to Kensington to meet up with Will and the Ath & Kristi wedding crew at the Yardhouse Pub.





Craig (Best Man) with groom-to-be Ath
It was great to see Ath & Kristi out with their sisters, cousins, and friends. There was a good showing of McGill folks, so Will was having a blast catching up and I got to hear some great stories. I knew I was in trouble when Will had sent me a text message earlier that said "I hope your liver is ready for this weekend..."
...uh-oh...
No comments:
Post a Comment