Saturday was wedding day, and what a day it was! Gorgeous blue skies, sunny warmth, perfect day for some nuptials!
Will and I had a nice sleep-in after our 2:30 am adventure getting home (it's hard getting a taxi during the Stampede!) But we woke up at 10:30 am and had to scramble to get ready and to go with John and Emily to go see Will & John's adopted grandmother, Tove, at the Bethany during her peak visiting times.
After the visit, we went back to Mike & Susan's for some brunch. Susan was out of town for another family wedding, so it was Mike, Will, John, Emily and I left to enjoy a fantastic brunch of cornmeal back bacon, tomatoes stuffed with antipasto and toppped withmelted cheese, and baked red pepper stuffed with garlic and olive rice...yum, indeed!
Somehow the afternoon was set on fast forward, and before we knew it, Will and I had to get ready for the wedding. The wedding was being held at The Ranche in Fish Creek Provincial Park. The Ranche is a restored ranch house that was converted to a restaurant and is a wonderful setting for a wedding.
There was a cocktail reception at 5:30 pm and the ceremony to start at 6 pm, shortly followed by another cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception and dinner.
The ceremony:
The cocktail reception:
The dinner & reception:
The dinner had three courses, starting with a spinach salad, Alberta beef tenderloin (well, you could choose salmon too, but we're in Alberta! Who's going to do that?!?!), and vanilla creme brulee.






...trouble...Believe it or not, I ended up taking so many pictures that I maxed out my memory card! As such, my interest in taking pictures apparently is inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol I take in.
Will says that I was defiant again, only this time when he told me to drink water, I did it, but chased it with a cocktail (Captain n' Coke, I think)...
....baby steps....
CONGRATULATIONS ATH & KRISTI!!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment