About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day Long Weekend 2007

September 4, 2007


Sweet Jesus, it's September already! Two-thirds of 2007 is over!

Well, it was wonderful to have a long weekend, particularly one where it was actually sunny in San Francisco. Unheard of!

On Friday night, I went to Andalu to meet up with a bunch of Canadians in town: Eric, Marcia, Andrea and Bruce, who were in town for a wedding. Abe, Coco, Sonia and Wendy came too. We dined on the many, many yummy small plates typical of Andalu's menu.







Saturday and Sunday were spent in Golden Gate Park at the Polo Fields where my frizzer team, Brass Monkey, was hosting the Labor Day Mixed Championships. We played 4 pool play games on Saturday and 1 pool play/quarterfinals/semifinals/finals on Sunday. It was great, we played a lot better than we had earlier in the season, and lost to a Seattle team in the finals.

Shaun took some pics posted here, and I stole one of me and put it up below:

It was exceptionally insane in the park on Sunday due to the 40th Anniversary of the "Summer of Love" free concert that was being held pretty much next door to the Polo Fields. There was a lot of tied-dye and old folks wandering the park.

In between the games, the rest of the weekend was spent either sitting on my couch and feeling old and sore.

On Monday, Will and I joined the Canadians in town (Eric, Marcia, Andrea and Bruce) for brunch at the Pork Store in the Mission (I don't know if they can fit parties of 6 at the Haight location), and then headed to Upper Haight to do some shopping. Ooh...shopping...

After I dropped them all off at SFO to catch their flights home, I went back home and did some more sitting on my couch feeling old and sore.

It was a beautiful weekend, thankfully I spent most of it outside. And now I'm back at work cramming in 5 days worth of work in 4. Yuck.

No comments: