About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Sydney - 12/12/2007

On Wednesday morning, Stephen picked us up and took us for brunch close to Bondi Beach at a great place called Skinny Dip. I opted for a chicken pide while the boys went for brekkie food (Stephen kept going on and on about a dish called the Dean Bean…)

From brunch, we walked down to Bondi, just as the sun was out and the day was turning into a gorgeous one.







From Bondi, we checked out the Bondi Icebergs Club, and then embarked on part of the Coastal Walk towards Tamarama Beach and back.






Stephen then took us on a driving tour where we stopped in the Vaucluse area at another scenic point with a fantastic view of Sydney city center, the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. I took more pictures of course. You really can't take enough pictures of the Opera House or the Harbour Bridge.






Stephen was set on taking us to Botany Bay so that we could see the infamous snake charmer (generations of one family of snake charmers have been doing a show from a spot at Botany Bay for almost 100 years, according to Stephen). To our misfortune, the snake charmer apparently doesn’t work weekdays. So, defeated, we went to Coogee Beach for a beer (or cider in my case).

Late afternoon came around and we had to head back to Woollahra to meet up with Stephen’s folks and hand off the car, so we met them for another beer/cider at Light Brigade, a pub around the corner from Stephen & Jo’s. Stephen's parents are adorable.

Stephen had to head out to meet Jo for her graduation from design school, so Will and I went off to meet up with John and Melinda for drinks and dinner.



We wandered over to The Rocks and ended up at the Lord Nelson Brewery Pub for beers/ciders and dinner. I had a pretty fantastic chilli and crab spaghettini, while Will had the fish and chips.



After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and sure enough, the ciders made me a bit wobbly. Swell.

Thanks to John & Melinda, and Stephen & Jo for taking us around Sydney and showing us a great time! I heart Sydney!

No comments: