About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Anchor Oyster Bar

July 24, 2009

On Friday night, Will and I continued our week of good eats by trying out the Anchor Oyster Bar with Key. Anchor Oyster Bar has been a pillar of the Castro food scene since the late 70's and it's hard to believe that it's taken me so long to try this place. And it's only a few blocks from my house!

I started with a cup of their classic clam chowder. Awesome.
Key had the Combination Cocktail sampler (with shrimp, crabmeat, prawns). Great deal!
Will had the crab cake entree with salad and potatoes. Great portions and very tasty. Will and I did a half-time switch, and I had a chance to try his entree...I had the featured sea scallops for dinner, with potatoes and steamed veggies, with a generous portions and perfectly cooked scallops.
Key had the featured filet of petra sole, which was huge!

We highly enjoyed Anchor Oyster Bar. The only caveat is that it is a tiny place and there's almost always a line. But, it is totally worth the wait.

No comments: