The weekend of the San Francisco Half Marathon was upon us, so on Saturday night, Will and I held a pre-race potluck for a bunch of the ladies who were planning on running.
The ladies hydrated and fueled at the table while the boys (non-runners) enjoyed their cocktails and enjoyed being men...
Wee early on Sunday morning, some of us carpooled down to the start line:
The race was okay, I finished in 2:06:59 (2617/7988 overall, 994/4507 women, 386/1579 age group, pace 9:42 min/mile) which was 32 seconds faster than last year. Even though this was a PR for this race, I felt pretty awful in the last 5-6 miles or so (bad blisters under my arches that had never appeared during my long training runs) and my body just felt tired (I guess weeks of less than 6 hours of sleep a night finally took its toll...).
Regardless, I was glad to have finished my fourth half-marathon in the last 12 months, and am looking forward to my fall races.
A bunch of us ended up at Sue Hee's for a post-race breakfast, which was a phenomenal way to finish the morning. Huge thanks to my running friends who are a big network of support, to Robert and Sue Hee for hosting the post-race brekkie, and big ups to Will, who woke up at 5 am to drive us down to the start line...
No comments:
Post a Comment