About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Calgary Stampede...Yahoo!

July 5, 2009

On Friday morning, we all got up early to head to Calgary for the Calgary Stampede parade....Yahoo!!! The Calgary Stampede, the "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth" takes place every year over 10 days in early July, featuring rodeo, festival, exhibition and concerts. The city comes alive every year during Stampede, and it's also a good time to take in the free pancake breakfasts that are held all over the city.


My Dad got us bleacher tickets on 9th Avenue, near the end of the parade route, here are some shots from the parade:




















After the parade, we went for dim sum at Harbour City and ran errands around the city.
While Angie, Jack, my Mom and the kids went to the Calgary Zoo, my Dad, Will and I did some more errands. But we met up with the family at the zoo:



We had dinner at Cattle Baron (I heart Alberta Beef!) before heading back to Vulcan and pooping out after a pretty long day with the whole family.

No comments: