About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Starbelly

September 7, 2009

On Monday night, Will and I had a chance to catch up with Kerry Soo, who was in town for a frizzer tournament over the weekend. We headed to the new eatery, Starbelly, located in the Castro in the old Asquew Grill location. Close to spanking new, Starbelly was opened up in mid-August by the owners of Beretta and has been welcomed with open arms by the neighborhood. The place was jumping.


The menu is fun and offers a variety of "snacks", "small", "salads", "vegetables", "pizzas", and "plates". We ordered a variety of these...
Popcorn clams with Old Bay remoulade
Sweet corn with house smoked ham hock and olive oil
Grilled baby octopus with fennel and raddichio slaw

Pizza with market mushrooms, gruyere cheese, thyme and roasted onions
Lavendar pot de creme with shortbread sugar cubes

Overall, the dinner was fantastic and I loved the great menu and very reasonable prices. Definitely a "go back".
Great to see you Kerry! We miss you!

No comments: