July 4, 2011
On Thursday, I hopped on an Amtrak train from Union Station in Washington, DC to Richmond, VA. Angie, Jack and the kids relocated from Albany, NY to Richmond, VA a couple months ago for Angie's job at Bank of America. They now live a community called Short Pump, in Glen Allen, about 15 min from Richmond. It was super fun to see their new home and how happy the kids are.
Simon and Charlotte also turned 5 years old a couple days earlier, so it was so nice to spend time with them, they are getting to be quite the little people. Hilarious and incredible active!
Here are some pics from the Friday:
Check out the view from my sister's office in downtown Richmond:
Lunch at City Dogs in Shockhoe slip:
On Saturday, Angie and I took the kids to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's historical home. On our way there, Angie and I realized how little we know of American history (we are Canadian, after all), and how 8-year old Olivia knew way more. She schooled us. Big time.
Monticello was beautiful and very interesting. I can see how fun it is for them now to live in the South and be so accessible to interesting historical sites.
The rest of the long weekend consisted of hanging out, exploring, running errands, playing with the kids, and trying to get my sister to stop watching so much coverage of the Casey Anthony trial.
Angie and Olivia gave me a ride back to Dulles airport on Monday, and I flew home amidst all the crazy long weekend travel. Big thanks to Angie, Jack and the kids for a wonderful long weekend.
Happy Independence Day!





1 comment:
Ack! Nate & I were in Richmond last weekend too! Next time you're down there let us know...we go pretty often (we're both from there, parents and friends live there).
Post a Comment