There's a band called The Weakerthans that hails from Winnipeg, and is a favorite of Will's and mine. Recently, we were very excited to hear that they would be playing four shows in San Francisco at The Independent, featuring each of their full length albums on each night of the show:
- Fallow (11/30), with opener Ford Pier
- Left and Leaving (12/1), with opener Ford Pier
- Reconstruction Site (12/2), with opener Said the Whale
- Reunion Tour (12/3), with opener Jenn Grant
On Wednesday (11/30), Will and I met up with Robert for dinner at Tsunami before checking out the show. We caught a little bit of Ford Pier, the opening act from Vancouver, and they were fine, but I didn't really get into them. The Weakerthans were fantastic as they rolled through "Fallow" and some of their hits.
I took zero photos on Thursday (12/1), Will and I timed it perfectly to show up just as The Weakerthans were taking the stage to perform "Left and Leaving. A-mazing.
On Friday night (12/2), Will and I had a fantastic date night. We started with dinner at nopalito, drinks at Madrone, and then caught some of the opening act, Said the Whale from Vancouver, who I really enjoyed:
The Weakerthans perform "Reconstruction Site", which is probably my favorite album of the four:
On Saturday (12/2), Will and I met up with Robert and Sue Hee for dinner at Bar Crudo. One of my favorite meals to3eat in the city is at Bar Crudo, consisting of: Artic Char crudo, lobster & beet salad with burrata cheese, and the seafood chowder. De-lish!
The opener on Saturday night was Jenn Grant, a fun and folksy singer from Nova Scotia. She was lovely:
And, on the last night, the Weakerthans performed "Reunion Tour". In another interesting note, I finally found a setting on my camera that takes decent photos at concerts:
Well, Will and I survived four nights in a row of concert-going, enjoyed the fine food and drink at several fantastic establishments in NOPA, and more importantly, spend some quality time with our favorite Canadian band. I wish there had been a 5th night.
No comments:
Post a Comment