December 18, 2011
On Thursday, I flew up to Calgary for a long weekend with my folks in Vulcan before the holidays (as Will and I are spending the break with Will's family on Vancouver Island). Will was already in Canada for a cat-ski trip, and met up with us for the weekend.
I got in Thursday night and had dinner with my folks at Smuggler's Inn Restaurant in Calgary (prime rib, baby!). On Friday, we picked up Will and had a short visit with Sonia and the boys before having dinner in Vulcan.
On Saturday morning, Will and I headed out to do some ice fishing on Kehoe Lake.
It was Will's first ice fishing escapade so he was excited to try out the auger:
My dad is pretty ingenious and created some rigs that put up a flag when the fish takes your bait, so you can sit in the warm truck until you see the flag pop up:
We got a couple bites , but they were too small and got away while Will was pulling 'em in:
No fishies, but pretty fun. Our summer fishing stats are definitely better than our ice fishing stats.
It was great to spend some quality family time on the weekend with Mom and Dad. Will and I headed back to SF on Sunday, in time for a few more days of work before the holiday break!
No comments:
Post a Comment