January 17, 2012
It's that bi-annual time of year: 2012 SF Dine About Town.
On Tuesday night, a crew of us (me, Will, Ian, Sandy, Wendy, Sue Hee) met up at Radius, a relatively new restaurant in SOMA on Folsom street (in the old Julie's Supper Club location). Radius was participating in the DAT program, which offers a three-course meal at dinner for $34.95. I like to use DAT as a excuse to try new restaurants without blowing the budget.
I opted for three selections from the Dine About Town menu. To start, I had the cauliflower soup with brown butter popcorn:
For entree, I chose the fried chicken and dumplings (fried breast and leg, braised thigh and greens, taragon dumplings and roasted chicken veloute):
For dessert, the lemon curd tart with chocolate praline crunch, candied almonds and meringue:
I had a pretty good meal (entree and dessert was good, soup was okay), and was glad that we could try Radius as part of DAT. The jury is out on whether I would come back for the full-priced a-la-carte menu... Thanks, DAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment