About Me

My photo
Originally from Canada, I live in San Francisco, CA and work for a biotech company.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wo Hing General Store

January 15, 2012

On Saturday evening, Will and I met up for dinner with Ian and Catherine at the new Charles Phan restaurant called Wo Hing General Store, in the original Slanted Door space on Valencia St. The menu focuses on family-style Cantonese cuisine. The restaurant has only been open for a short while, and has received mixed reviews.



Some peanuts to snack on:

Pork & Shrimp Wontons with chili bean sauce:

Steamed shrimp dumplings "ha-gau":


Fried Mary's chicken wings, with sichuan peppercorn and dried chili salt:


BBQ pork spareribs with harissa & spicy pickled daikon:





Stir-fried Mary's chicken breast with baby ginger and yellow garlic chives:


Glass noodles with braised mushrooms and shiu kou bean sauce:


Red sichuan braised Niman Ranch beef brisket with daikon radish and cilantro:


Gai lan with oyster sauce:


Baby bok choy with shitake mushrooms:


For dessert, a deconstructed "apple pie":


Overall, we had a fantastic meal and we loved all our dishes. I think my personal favorite were the chicken wings, spareribs, the glass noodles, and the gai lan. Yum! I hope they do take-out in the future!

No comments: