January 20, 2012
The rain was rolling in, and snow was expected in Tahoe, but not enough to entice us up there just yet. So, we stuck around this weekend and packed it full of city activities. On Friday night, Will, Key, Woody and I met up at FourBarrel at 8 PM for a pop-up restaurant by Namu. Namu closed their Richmond location in December, and are in the midst of renovating a new space in Mission Dolores for their new izakaya spot (Namu Gaji).
So, in the interim, Namu was hosting a couple pop-up restaurants at FourBarrel. On this night, the set menu featured either smoked BBQ or Korean fried chicken, both with two sides and a starter salad, for $25. Beer was also available by Magnolia Brewery for sale.
Salad with miso dressing and pickled daikon:
The boys all chose the combo smoked BBQ (brisket and pork):
Not surprisingly, I chose the Korean fried chicken:
Housemade kumquat candies for a little sweet to end the meal:
It was a fun meal in a different setting, I'm looking forward to the opening of Namu Gaji!
No comments:
Post a Comment